- S&A has been selected to complete the design of the Stuart Hall East Lawn Retaining Wall. We will work closely with the project contractor to accomplish a new, sound and aesthetically pleasing retaining wall to replace the damaged wall currently in place.
- The Problem: The wall currently in place is a mortared stone gravity type retaining wall. At various locations along the length of the wall, excessive overturning is visibly evident. Overturning is most commonly caused by under-reinforcement, insufficient anchorage to the foundation, or insufficient foundation size and reinforcement. Our work for this project will incorporate a structural analysis of the in place wall to determine which mechanisms listed above, or combination therof, are causing the overturning. Upon determination of the root cause of the wall damage, we will then use this information to develop a program for rehabilitation. We will introduce tensile reinforcement, as necessary, as well as mechanical anchorage to the foundation where required. Upon excavation of the existing foundation, a determination will be made with regards to foundation reinforcement and/or repair.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Concrete Retaining Wall – Staunton, VA
- Structural Steel Design – Riverheads High School Scoreboard
- Structural Steel Design – The Homestead Preserve
- Canopy Framing – Historic Downtown Staunton Village
- Elliott Chevrolet – Staunton, VA
- Residential Structural Assessment – Waynesboro, VA
- Boardwalk Design – Miniature Golf Course
- Commercial Structural Analysis – Augusta County, VA
- Residential Damage Inspections – Get a Professional Engineer
- Residential Structural Evaluation – Lovingston, VA